The Individual Honors Awards are ASAE’s highest individual honors. Successful candidates are change-makers in their organization, profession, and the association industry. They are engaged members of ASAE, who are leaders within the organization and share their knowledge through giving back. Award-winning applications will convey the significance and impact of one’s involvement in ASAE activities as well as other volunteer professional organizations related to association management or the industry. Potential honorees are committed to diversity and inclusion in the association community and exemplify this in their work.
- Applicants must be a member of ASAE for at least 5 or more years
- Current Officers of the ASAE Board are ineligible. Previous board members must be 2 years removed from service to apply.
- Applicants must be employed full-time as a chief staff executive
- Must have at least 5 years' experience as an Association chief executive
Professional Performance Award
- Applicants must be employed full-time as a staff executive
- Must have at least 5 years' experience as an Association Professional
Academy of Leaders Award
- Applicants must be employed full time as an Industry Partner
- Must have at least 5 years' experience with Associations
Judging Criteria: View the judging criteria to help improve your application.
The awards are intended to recognize ASAE members who are exemplary in their contributions. Successful candidates will be accomplished professionals selected based on their demonstrated ability to contribute in the areas listed below. Ideally, the selected winners should be well respected in all five areas; minimally, there should be not by any notable concerns in any of these five areas.
- To ASAE
- To the Association Management and Industry profession
- To other profession(s) and/or industry (ies) served
- To promoting diversity